At MissionSafe (A division of World Insurance Association, Inc.) (WIA) we are committed to earning your trust by respecting and protecting the privacy of the information you provide to us online. Here’s how WIA gathers, uses and safeguards information about you when you visit our website.
Information We Gather on Our Website
When you register as a client for member access, pre-qualify for products or services, request a quote or complete online enrollment forms within our website, we ask that you provide identifying information and demographic information about yourself (e.g. name, date of birth, email, phone number, address, state or residence). This information is required at initial registration or during pre-qualification processes, and it is used to identify you as a unique user or willing prospect. WIA will never ask for confirmation of your personal or account information through an email, and you should never respond to an email (especially unsolicited email) that asks for your personal information).
Personal Health Information (PHI) – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, known as HIPAA requires that covered entities protect the privacy of your PHI that has been provided or obtained through a 3rd party source. Data that you provide is subject to being shared with business partners. Such information is gathered through pre-qualification questionnaires and application forms. We will disclose such information to business partners to the extent it is necessary for them to perform their analysis and services. We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose information on our online visitors or their PHI with other 3rd parties for their own marketing use.
Other Information We Capture
WIA’s web server automatically recognizes only your IP address when you visit our website as an anonymous visitor (without logging in). Our website does not recognize your email address. However, WIA collects your email address when you communicate with us via email; provide your email address to us when completing an online application or pre-qualification questionnaire, or register to access secure areas of our website. If you register on our website, please keep your email address up to date in your personal profile. This email address will be used to retrieve a forgotten password and assist you in using other self-service features.
WIA also collects aggregate information about pages visited within our website.
Does WIA have security measures in place to protect your information?
WIA has implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Our service providers and vendors are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
While WIA has taken steps to make the information you provide to us as secure as possible against unauthorized access, please keep in mind that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Any information disclosed online can potentially be intercepted and used by unauthorized parties.
Does WIA disclose your personal information?
We disclose personal information to business partners that are necessary to provide our products and services. For Example:
What We Do With Information We Gather?
- Insurance brokering and insurance products – insurers, reinsurers, other insurance intermediaries, medical service providers, our advisers such as loss adjusters, lawyers and accountants and others involved in the claims handling process. We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our online visitors with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use.
- Authorized Service Providers – We may disclose your information to service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Legal Requirements and Business Transfers – We may disclose personal information (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) in response to law enforcement authority or other government official requests, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (v) in the event that WIA is subject to a merger or acquisition to the new owner of the business. Disclosure may also be required for company audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
We use the information we gather about visitors to our website in one or more of the following ways:
Our Policy for Children
- Provide information and services as requested by you.
- To verify you are a certificate owner or insured.
- To help ensure a safer online environment for our online visitors.
- For general aggregate site visitor analysis and statistical research.
- Develop new services.
- To inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To inform customer service representatives about account access and service requests that will enable us to provide better customer service.
Our website is not intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not use our website to knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 18. Parents and/or guardians are solely responsible for supervising their minor children’s use of our website.
Links to Other Websites
Questions or Comments
firstname.lastname@example.org or send your written request to MissionSafe, Two Ravinia Drive, Suite 1500 Atlanta, GA 30346.